Are you finding it a burden receiving unsolicited messages from MTN? Do you wish to be informed about how to stop receiving these messages from these service providers? if yes then this article is for you.
In agreement to the Nigerian communication commission (NCC) policy, which instructed all network providers in Nigeria to provide a USSD code that their customers can use to opt-out of any category of unwanted text messages. The various network providers have released various codes, which are collectively know as DO NOT DISTURB (DND) service. The DND service represents the code that their various customers can use in other to stop receiving unsolicited messages from these network service providers.
We have two categories of the DO NOT DISTURB SERVICE
1. The partial mode: In this category the customer will have the option to choose the category of message he wants or wishes to stop receiving and the one he wishes to receive.
2. The full mode: in this category the customer will stop all unsolicited messages and calls from network providers from ever coming to your phone.
How to block unwanted messages from MTN
This service enables MTN customers to opt-out of receiving promotional messages from 3rd party services.
The service features the following:
• Fully blocked nose which allows the customer to opt-out totally from receiving promotional messages via SMS and IVR.
• Partially blocked mode which allows the customer to filter service categories for promotional message they wish to receive. Any category not selected is blocked.
How much does it cost to block unsolicited messages from MTN
This service is totally free to all customers.
How to active the ‘Do not disturb service’ on MTN
Customers will be able to perform the following DND activities via SMS
1. View status
2. Activate full blocking
3. Activate partial blocking
4. Opt-out of DND
Simply text any of the following codes below to 2442 or text HELP to 2442 to select your choice.
The following SMS keywords can be used to set your DND preference.
1. STOP: To stop all SMS and IVR messages
2. SMS 1: To receive banking/insurance/financial product SMS.
3. SMS 2: To receive real estate SMS and IVR messages.
4. SMS 3: To receive education SMS and IVR messages.
5. SMS 4: To receive health SMS and IVR messages.
6. SMS 5: To receive consumer goods and automobiles SMS and IVR messages.
7. SMS 6: To receive communication/broadcasting/entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages.
8. SMS 7: To receive tourism and leisure SMS and IVR messages.
9. SMS 8: To receive sport SMS and IVR messages.
10. SMS 9: To receive religion SMS and IVR messages.
11. SMS 10: To receive information on new product/services SMS and IVR messages.
12. SMS 11: To receive news alerts SMS and IVR messages.
How to deactivate DND on MTN
in other to opt-out from this service, the customer will have to text the word ALLOW to the code 2442. opting out is totally free.
How to Check DND status on MTN
To check status the customer will have to text the word STATUS to 2442