Fully Funded PhD Studentships at University of Bath and Bournemouth University in UK, 2019 Applications Deadline: January 22, 2019 Studentship is awarded within the Doctorate of Engineering Digital Media at Faculty of Media & Communication.
Fully Funded PhD Studentships at University
Who is eligible to apply for a BU Studentship?
The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students. Candidates for a PhD Studentship should demonstrate outstanding qualities and be motivated to complete a PhD in 4 years and must demonstrate:
• A 1st class honours degree or a Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA)
• an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 minimum (with a minimum 6.0 in each component) for candidates for whom English is not their first language
In addition to satisfying minimum entry criteria, BU will look closely at the qualities, skills and background of each candidate and what they can bring to their chosen research project in order to ensure successful completion.
Applicants will be asked to submit an online application form and a proposal (approximately 1500 words) outlining their understanding of the project for which they are applying, the approach they would envisage taking and what qualities they will bring to the research community.
• Current BU Doctoral students are not eligible to apply for a Studentship
• Current MRes/MPhil students can apply, subject to satisfactory completion of their Research Degree prior to being able to take up the award
• PhD Studentships cannot be used to support BU staff to complete doctoral programmes
What else will you look for?
Each Studentship has its own criteria that candidates need to fulfil, in terms of knowledge and/or expertise. In addition, we will look closely at your qualities, skills and background to determine what you could bring to a specific research project.
How can I apply for a BU Studentship?
There are individual application deadlines for each Studentship, which are detailed on each studentship page. To apply, click the green Apply Now button on the Studentship page and complete our online application form. More information can be found on our How to apply pages. You can also read our proposal guidance document here.